Social Work Support Groups
If you are interested in joining or finding out more information about one of the groups, please stop by B230 at Northfield, 温内卡225房间, 或电子邮件 collinsb@nths.网.
These are need-based support groups that run when we have reached a minimum threshold of students demonstrating interest. Groups meet weekly during rotating periods, so students should only miss one class per quarter. 学生 joining these groups are responsible for making up work from the class they missed. All students attending a support group will be administratively excused for that period. Dates and times for groups will be determined each school year.
- 地空导弹 (Stress and Anxiety Management Strategies) – is a short-term group that provides students with foundational knowledge on how stress and anxiety can impact their physical and mental health. 学生 are taught a variety of skills and strategies that, 当实现, can lead to healthier thought/behavioral patterns, 提高自尊, and academic performance.
- 授权- For students who have survived abusive and/or unhealthy intimate relationships or experiences. The group will be educational and supportive, covering topics which will include: increased esteem, 边界设置, self-awareness and the impact of societal, cultural and media influences.
- 芒果-Support group for students who have suffered the loss of a parent or sibling
- 筏- This support group will help students deal with the stress of family members and/or close friends who are addicted to alcohol and/or drugs
- 复苏- Provides support for students who are working to maintain abstinence from alcohol, drugs or other processed addictions. 学生 MUST be committed to working on sobriety issues.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Group- Provides support for students recovering from eating disorders who have received some treatment